Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Water damage events occur very frequently in the Collegedale, TN, area. Most people will experience some extent of water damage during their times as property owners. When this occurs, it can be confusing to know what steps to take. After a loss, your first concern should be the safety of you and others. The next step is to call your local water mitigation experts in the area as quickly as possible. What might seem to be a small water leak, can quickly turn into a major mold damage event.
Down below we have listed some tips on what you can do after a water loss while you wait for help to arrive! Take a second to review our water damage tips and remember to call our SERVPRO of Chattanooga team as quickly as possible!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (423) 326-1406
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.