Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Discovering a mold infestation on your Chattanooga property is never a good sign. In most cases, this means you are or have experienced a water damage event on your property as mold needs a source of moisture to grow and spread. The remediation of mold requires expert care, knowledge, and equipment in order to ensure that the mold infestation is properly taken care of without spreading and causing further damage.
We urge our customers to review our Mold Damage Tips to learn more about steps they can take after discovering a mold infestation in their home or business. If you are ever in need of our mold services, don't hesitate and give our SERVPRO team a call today!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (423) 326-1406
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Chattanooga for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Chattanooga has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- East Brainerd