Commercial Water Damage Impacts More Than Your Chattanooga Facility
Water damage in your Chattanooga commercial building can cause problems in many more ways than just the physical structure. Water damage can come from a variety of sources, such as a flood from a river or stream or a broken pipe, often in the overhead, or from one of the many appliances or systems that provide all of the services for your building. This photo shows water damage in a local school from an overhead pipe bursting. about 3 inches of standing water flooded the gym, cafeteria, offices, and classrooms on the first floor.
The important thing to remember is that after water damage often comes molds and mildews, even if the water is cleaned up right after the loss occurred. Imagine if this occurred in a restaurant? If the building was declared 'unsafe condition’, it would cause a definite fall-off in customers, not even mentioning the mold and the bad smell associated with a lot of wet things. All of this to say that just simply mopping the water up does not do the job without the restoration that a commercial water damage restoration company can provide.
A commercial restoration company will complete an inspection to determine all damaged areas and how to get them cleaned, repaired, and back to working order.
The inspection is followed by any or all of the following tasks or activities that must be accomplished very quickly:
• The establishment of temporary power, if needed.
• Free standing water removal and extraction from carpets, furniture
• Sewage cleanup, which carries its own dangers so must be handled by personnel trained and certified in this work.
• Structural drying
• Verification of dryness through the use of testing equipment such as Thermal Imaging and
• Disinfection and Deodorization
• Carpet cleaning
• Reconstruction (SERVPRO of Chattanooga has a reconstruction division to fit these needs)
Water damage in your Chattanooga commercial building needs the immediate attention of the professional services of SERVPRO of Chattanooga. Reach us at (423) 326-1406, or via chat box on our website.