If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (423) 326-1406

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

What To Do If Your Apartment Floods

5/24/2019 (Permalink)

If you rent an apartment or house, the first thing you should do if you experience water damage is contact the owner or property manager to make them aware of the damage. Water damages are not unlikely to happen, so they should have a plan in place when this occurs. It is best to alert them immediately, as the extent of the damage will continue to increase as time goes on. In order for us to come in and mitigate the water damage, the owner of the property must authorize the restoration company to begin services as tenants are unable to make decisions on a property that does not belong to them.

After notifying the property owner or manager, you must then determine if you will file a claim with your renter’s insurance for your contents if they were damaged in the loss. Typically, contents are not covered by homeowners insurance, but it is possible under certain circumstances. If you are able to get your contents cleaned, we have a state-of-the-art contents warehouse at our facility where we clean, organize, and store your contents until you are ready for them to be returned. Ultimately, it depends on the specific situation and the parties involved. Whatever the case may be, our team is trained to clean and properly document the entire process ensuring that all parties involved are kept informed.

Other News

View Recent Posts